The Great Nottingham, Leicester and Edinburgh Santa Run 2011Terms and Conditions of Entry
The Nottingham, Leicester and Edinburgh Santa Run (Event) is organised and operated by When You Wish Upon A Star (Race Organiser).
1.By ticking the box below I declare that I will abide by the rules of the Event and that I shall be, at the date of the event, fit and able to complete the Event and that the details given in the form are correct in all particulars.
2. I agree to abide by these terms and conditions of entry and any race instruction given to me by the
Race Organisers or officials during the Event.
3. The Race Organisers are only able to accept limited entries on the day and Entrants will be registered on a first come first served basis.
4. The entry fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Entry rules for participants
5. Under 16s
- must have their entry form completed by a parent or guardian
- must give contact details for a parent or guardian
6. 16 and Over
- can enter individually
7. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the Event.
8. All participants under the age of 16 years of age on 1st December 2011 must be accompanied to
the Event by an adult..
Equipment and communications
9. All registered persons over 12 years of age will receive a standard one-size Santa suit. All registered persons 12 years and under will receive an Elves hat.
10. All participants are responsible for ensuring that where necessary their Santa suits are adjusted to
fit and that the participant will be able to run safely whilst wearing the Santa suit.
11. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you will receive a limited number of Race Organisers
emails, which will include Event information and the latest updates on the Event itself.
12. All participants must carry their name, details of any health problems or medication and
emergency contact name and number on them during the event.
13. In the case of an emergency the Race Organiser may use the details provided by you to contact
your home or office or emergency contact.
14. The Race Organiser complies with the Data Protection Act 1988. We will use your personal
information to administer the Event and to send you details of further events.
15. If the Event is cancelled or delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, we will endeavour to stage
the Event at a later date. In such circumstances, we will try to let you know in writing of the
cancellation or delay. Our entire liability in respect of all costs and expenses you may incur as a result
of such cancellation or delay will be the entry price you have paid to take part in the Event.
16. I agree that should the Event be cancelled due to an event beyond the reasonable control of the
Race Organisers including but not limited to: severe weather, terrorism, act of god, closure of the area by emergency services, medical advice or pandemic I will not be entitled to a refund of the entry fee.
Training and Medical conditions
17. It is strongly recommended that you train and prepare for the run. If you have not exercised before
or for sometime, or have a pre-existing medical condition, you should consult your doctor prior to the
18. I understand that I am taking part in a fun run which may require me to undertake varying levels of
exercise, including vigorous, for a prolonged period. I will have, if necessary, gained advice from my
GP as to whether I am physically prepared to undertake the Event. I agree that I will take appropriate
action to prepare myself for this Event. I also understand that I will only undertake the event if I feel
that I am physically able to do so.
19. The Race Organisers reserve the right to refuse an entrant attendance at, and/or
participation in, the Event or any future Event. Any participant who is found in breach of these terms
and conditions will be excluded from any future events organised by the Race Organisers.
20. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you
for the Event are paid to When You Wish Upon A Star, Registered Charity No 1060963, Futurist House Valley Road, Nottingham.NG5 1JE
21 Participants can hand their sponsor money direct to When You Wish Upon A Star at the address above, or hand your collected sponsor money to our charity officials at registration on the morning of the Event.
22. By taking part in the Event, you give permission for the free use of your name, voice, footage or
any photograph to be used in any broadcast, advertising, promotion, or in any future communications
of When You Wish Upon A Star.
23 By registering an under 16yr old as a participant, the parent or guardian confirms that they are
happy for any footage or photographs taken which may feature the under 16yr old during their
participation in the Event to be used in this way.
Risk and liability
24. All participants enter this Event entirely at their own risk and the Race Organisers shall not be
liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their participation other than as a result of
the Race Organisers.
25. The Race Organisers take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during
the Event, including undertaking a detailed risk assessment which aims to minimise or eliminate the
risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this Event, you acknowledge that there may
be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
26. By entering the Event, I accept all the conditions of entry and acknowledge that, to the extent
permitted by law, the organisers and sponsors shall have no liability to me and team members for any injury, loss or damage, nor any consequential loss or damage suffered by me at or by reason of the Event.
27. Any dogs brought to the Event must be kept on a lead at all times.